Sunday, November 11, 2007

Stuck dead centre of myself, ready to escape

Hello and welcome to all. What follows is a Dan broadcast:

It is a long time since I have posted on here, which is shamefull considering I have the internet at home now, but this is to change, as will many things. Various thoughts and fellings and events have penetrated my consciousness to a degree that has sent my brain into even more of a thinking frenzy than usual. I cannot continue along the same vein as I have been. I am tired of so many things, and much as a few things have improved, the song remains the same...I am unhappy with myself. With how I am not as outgoing as I could be, with how I don't always say whats on my mind to the right people, and how I coast along the slipstream of life far too much of the time.

I have decided that I really have had enough of just being default Dan. I am the character in any video game that you keep just because it's easier and involves no change. Well no more. I will start by being more productive. I spend enough time at the computer it's about time I used that time productively. I have also decided that, well I don't spend any time really bothering about how I look, I just hove on whatever comes to hand, leave the beard, and gel my hair back. No more. I will be going a lot shorter on the hair front, going clean shaven, and taking more time over what I wear. I think at some point this will involve adding to my wardrobe with various things, for which I have ideas, but for now lets just say default Dan will be changing into Custom Dan, coming to a place near you soon.

This is the first of many broadcasts. Not all of them will be easy to read, or understand, but there will always be that certain truth:What follows and what has passed is, and always will be 100% pure Dan

*Peace, Love And Chocolate*

Dan
xxxx

4 Comments:

Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I like the concept of Default Dan and Custom Dan.... makes me think I've been in default mode all too often, though. Very glad to have you back! xoxo

11:27 am  
Blogger Motormouth said...

Glad you like it :)-It struck me while I was starting to write and I thought it best summed up how I felt about the situation. It's good to be back, I've missed you! xoxo

2:34 pm  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

It is nice to have Dan back in which ever incarnation he wishes to be in.

I suffer from drift. Doesn't rhyme with Jane, but then I'm not sure what does?! Jumping Jane (no)....?!

Keep writing. That's the one thing we've had drilled into our heads at uni. Have to write.

Incidently, I met David Almond, a children's author, at uni last night. The man is wonderful. He's also doing a book with Dave McKean and he let me see the proofs. I have a new hero.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

PS...don't let the creative banshees get you down!

xx

11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Motor-fucking-head! Farscape-The Best Thing Ever, wooo!!!!