Thursday, July 07, 2005

Oh for fucks sake!-Part1:It begins...

In which Motormouth lists the top 100 things which piss him off, then dies from exhaustion, which then becomes No.101

Will I reach 100? Oh yes, I am quite easily pissed off by all sorts of things, and you will find out what they are. I'm going to have to do this in instalments obviously, but I will finish it. Sometime...

1. I was watching highlights of the Metal Hammer Golden God Award last night, and i was reminded of 2 things which really piss me off. First was bands screaming. I like to be able to hear what they are singing, and for it to be in some way audible some people I can stand screaming because I know what they are going on about, and it is at least distantly related to singing(Nick Oliveri for example) but some of the people on there were just horrible, namely Trivium(next big thing best new band in the world my arse) they are NOT the best new band or whatever superlatives are heaped on them, they just aren't. Also Chimara. The singer had very impressive dreadlocks, but that was the best thing I could say about the band. Screaming bands FUCK OFF. Or the screamed equivalent-graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh
ffffffuuuuckofffffffrrrrrrrrr
fghhhhhhharrrrrrrrrghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2. That leads me on to the second one. Pits, namely circle pits, and all manner of other ones. Why do people feel the need to kick the shit out of everything to the music, and make sure they get hurt, and well not much else. No wonder metal is viewed as violent. What happened to good old headbanging eh? Why can't people just enjoy music as opposed to using as a way to create violence and hurt? The fact that the bands encourage this is not a good thing. Just say No people, and enjoy music. Surely thats not too much to ask?

Well, I only had time for 2 today, but I will be back with more soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginger Doll said...

I agree about Triumivimy thingie band...they were being touted as huge at Download, they cack!

N.B. I just don't get Nick Oliveri, but are QOTSA better without him??? The jury is still out....

I'd do Josh Homme mind you. Oh yes!

1:14 pm  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

ps...as a short assed girly of 5 foot nowt - I find circle pits a bit of a scary experience...! I don't mind exuberant crowds that occasionally lift me high enough to see what's going on, but risk of limb loss? Not good!

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Motor-fucking-head! Farscape-The Best Thing Ever, wooo!!!!