Thursday, August 18, 2005

Long Live The Wildhearts

Yeah, I have been lazy, but I have another 5 blogs elsewhere which I usually post on, and no Internet at home, so I have very little time to post on here, however, I will make time today.
Now I just need to think of something to say...ah yes The Wildhearts. I am currently listening a lot to the Japanese best of, with its bonus disc of b-sides, all of which are great of course. I have also purchased Landmines And Pantomimes, which is also great, and now one of my fave wildhearts albums, even though it isn't really a proper album.
Apart from this I have been looking for new bands to like, with skull tanker, deckard,crucified barbara currently at the top of the pile. I have so many new CD's I am almost drowning in music. This is a good thing. Also, I have been listening to a lot of porcupine tree, a truly amazing band, who have somehow managed not to be huge, but their latest album, Deadwing has already been nominated for album of the year in the first classic rock awards, so hopefully the rest of the world can finally discover some proper music instead of shite like coldplay and James blunt(and the mother-fucking crazy fucing frog fucking fucking!!Ahem).

I have also been co-writing a book(which is going to be an epic, and is shaping up well), and helping to make an amateur film, which I am co-producing and acting in. Life is busy. For the moment.

I have been suffering from a lack of gigs though, mainly because of the ammount of money I have spent on CD's recently leaving me with no money with which to go to gigs. I really must remedy this soon though. Alas, the one gig I really, truly want to go to, I can't, because it is the Wildhearts at Scarborough castle. This is way too far away for me, and I am really sad at having to miss it. I just hope this is not their last performance, as I would miss the bastards.

Long live the Wildhearts, long live Ginger, long live rock 'n' roll!


Note-I stole this from on my blog on Myspace

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

OMG I KNOW!!! i hate that bloody frog song! holy crap it pisses me off! did you see when it was the phone ringer and you could have a frog as the pic on your phone or something? iunno, that's how i remember it, and then they turned it into this annoying-ass song. ljdgakjerta;!!one!1!!

9:32 am  
Blogger Motormouth said...

Lohans-It got to No.1 over here, and the resulting album got in the charts as well! That is just plain wrong!

7:48 am  
Blogger Motormouth said...

Kathleen-cheers, I had a look and your blog is pretty good, I shall keep reading!

7:55 am  
Blogger Ginger Doll said...

Just got back from my brother's, he has a fab record collection (all metal, alternative), so my 12 year old neice is being properly educated in the knowledge of RAWK! She could also do her metal salute by the time we left, though we did hold back from introducing her to the full glory of SOAD, which incidently is great for a traffic jam and comedy arms.

Erm, forgotten entirely why I was posting a comment now!

Oh yes! I was out on a work visit the other morning, waiting for the bus as you do when some git in a white van pulled up opposite me, wound the window down and started yodelling 'YOUR BEAUTIFUL!!!' at 180 decibels across the street to me. It wasn't pretty. I can't listen to that song without shuddering.

Some 'easy listening' music can be ok - I like Turin Breaks to mellow out to, they sounds like wet girls, but the lyrics are fantastically dodgy - 'syphilus is a bitch' and the like. But you can keep the Blunt's and the Jamie Cullen's of this world and stuff em down a big filthy man hole.

I'll go now!

xxx

11:40 pm  
Blogger Motormouth said...

I hate busses! Anyway,I also hate that bloody song,and I saw cullum live at a strat pack concert I went to(I have ni idea why he was there, considering it was all about guitars) and he was shite. Oh, and it's always good to educate the youngsters in proper rock, as there is not nearly enough of it around nowadays.

3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< Motor-fucking-head! Farscape-The Best Thing Ever, wooo!!!!